Sunday, August 15, 2010

Learning to be okay about being single.

I was single for 9 years, it was a very, very long 9 years for me. Mostly because I raised my five children by myself with very little extended family support and no financial support from my ex. When I was married I though I understood single co-workers who had children and figured I could do better....then I became single. I've learned a lot about myself and about how with the Lord's help I can overcome great challanges.

Greatfully the Lord does understand the feelings of single members of his church. Connect with ensign.lds.org and look up the following articles. Some are directed more to young singles but still the information can be of benefit to older singles as well.

Liahona 1997 Nov and Ensign 1989 June articles by Gordon B Hinckley. Parts of the two talks are the same but both articles are focused more to 30+ singles.

Ensign: Aug 2007 pg 4 by James Faust and Aug 2008 pg 20 by Christine S Packard and Wendy Ulrich.

No comments: